We want your experience on BirdChannel to be fun and safe. If you see any entries in the photo gallery or bird profiles that are offensive or obvious attempts at advertising, please submit the information below.
|Date:||4/17/2014 9:50:48 PM
|* Your email address:||
|Comment being reported:
|Good morning Mackenzie
Today I have some new library aquisitions thanks to Falco, Pearl and Silver, and Chloe :
1. Best Friends by Samantha Glen. The story of a sanctuary for animals that was founded in the mid 1980s and built from the ground up by a group of friends. Most of the stories feature furballs, but check out their website at www.bestfriends.org. and see they do care for birds as well.
2. The library has a copy of Birds on the Couch: The Bird Shrink's Guide to Keeping Polly from going Crackers and you out of the Cuckoo's Nest by Ruth Hanessian. It's a fun lil book with lil anecdotes. Enjoyable stories of bird owners' experiences with their pets.
3. Song of the Dodo, by David Quammen, is about island biogeography and is very interesting.
4. The Reluctant Mr. Darwin, by the same author, discusses Charles Darwin's personality and why it took him so long to publish his theory. He was nearly upstaged by another scientist!
5. Beak of the Finch, talks about the work among the Galapagos finches going on today.
6. Some light reading: any Inspector Brunetti mystery by Donna Leon. She sets her stories in Venice, Italy, so the setting is great and the plots have unusual twists in them at times.
7. Best Friends by Samantha Glen. The story of a sanctuary for animals that was founded in the mid 1980s and built from the ground up by a group of friends. Most of the stories feature furballs, but check out their website at www.bestfriends.org. and see they do care for birds as well.
8. There's an author named Donna Andrews who does mysteries written kind of humorously, and all of them have bird names: The Real Macaw, Cockatiels at Seven, etc. Any of them makes a fun and quick read.
9. And Chloe would like to recommend a picture book for parrots called "Polly Wants a Poem!". It is a cute book of poetry and prose just for us parrots that our parronts can read to us and it has pictures of real birdies in it for us to look at, I know this cause my frother Simon is in the book twice and Taz is in once. It was written by Bob Morrow, he has published hundreds of poems for children but until he found himself sharing his home with Harley (CAG) who quickly converted him to parrot fan. A portion of each sale is donated to The Alex Foundation. Pictures of the book can be found on my page.
Have a wonderful Monday my friends and don't forget to VOTE SNOWY ! ! ! page 150496 NOW !
|* Reason why this is being reported: