We want your experience on BirdChannel to be fun and safe. If you see any entries in the photo gallery or bird profiles that are offensive or obvious attempts at advertising, please submit the information below.
|Date:||4/17/2014 6:37:50 PM
|* Your email address:||
|Comment being reported:
|Chirps turns on the camera
She sets up several posters of food pictures.
Then she turns and faces the camera.
Today's lecture is about nutrition. What foods are good for you and what foods are not.
First, let's go over some of our bad choices!
1. Chocolate: Contains theobromine and is actually poisen for birds! Stay away from it! Eat artificial chocolate (like white chocolate) instead!
2. Caffiene: Coffee, tea, certain pops. These cause heartrates to soar! Too much can kill you! Not good! Try drinking fruit juices, or water!
3. Allium plants: Onions, garlic, chives. These are also poison to birds! Try eating peppers, sweet or hot. Better for you and quite a pop to the food!
4. Sugar: Well we all have sweet beaks, but once in a while is OK. All things in moderation!
5. Salty foods: Bad, Bad, Bad!!!! They make you retain water and make you too thirsty, so you drink too much and overload your kidneys! Also, cause high blood pressure!
6. uncooked foods: All meat and poultry products should be well cooked. Like eggs, good for you if thouroughly cooked! Bad if raw!
Vets recommend seed mixtures with pellets or all pellets. Still, birds need some natural foods like fruits and veggies. A well rounded diet is your best bet! Also, some man-made foods are too rich in certain vitamins and minerals for birds to eat. God made the best mixture. Stay with the natural as much as possible.
And remember: ALL THINGS IN MODERATION!!!
Thank you for attending our lecture on nutrition this week!
Ms. Chirps, Proprietor♥
Chirps pulls out the tape and puts it on the nutrition shelf for all the birdies to watch.
Then she goes and works out with weights and on the elliptical.
|* Reason why this is being reported: