We want your experience on BirdChannel to be fun and safe. If you see any entries in the photo gallery or bird profiles that are offensive or obvious attempts at advertising, please submit the information below.
|Date:||7/23/2014 9:27:38 AM
|* Your email address:||
|Comment being reported:
|Hi Mikey D and Chuey
As you can see, today I have two very talented ladies helping me with snowflake designs! Little Angel and Snowflake are terrific at folding and cutting out designs! I know this looks very intricate, but it is really simple to do!
1. Take a white piece of paper and fold it in half. Then fold it again, and one more time, fold it in half!
Always keep the point of folding on the first fold line.
2. Snip away the corners until you have an icecream cone shape.
3. Snip a design on the edges and in the centers of your snowflake. The more cut outs you make, the more intricate your snowflake will appear!
4. Unfold your snowflake. If you feel you need more cutouts, simply refold and keep going!
5. Unfold your design again and LIGHTLY press it with a warm iron to eliminate fold lines.
6. You may now hang it as is, or put it on a differant colored background paper as we have done here.
7. trace the outside of your snowflake on the background paper, and lightly glue the cutout snowflake on the outside edges.
8. Place your snowflake carefully on the background paper.
9. Let it dry.
10.If you want, at this point you can out line some of the holes in your cutout with contrasting colors(use markers!).
11.Your beautiful design is now ready to hang, or lay on tables, or make a garland!
I hope you enjoy making these snowflakes as much as we did!
I will show you some different snowflakes in the profile picture tomorrow and Saturday! If you have questions, just ask and I will answer on your page!
PS. It is always fun to work together with close friends, so consider having a party! You can serve apple cider, and pumpkin pie! Food makes any get together better!
|* Reason why this is being reported: