We want your experience on BirdChannel to be fun and safe. If you see any entries in the photo gallery or bird profiles that are offensive or obvious attempts at advertising, please submit the information below.
|Date:||11/22/2014 2:33:52 AM
|* Your email address:||
|Comment being reported:
|Hi Oz my BBFF
Hi everyone, I'm Sandy, TiaMaria's mom. Before I start today's blog, I would like to ask my dear BC friends to pray for my oldest daughter, Amanda. She is 31 & is the mom of my 3 grandkids. She went to the Dr on Tuesday because she was getting concerned about having swollen lymph nodes. The Dr was concerned & ordered a CT scan, which she had done yesterday morning. The results were given to the Drs office & they called my daughter & told her she needs to have a biopsy done. The Drs office scheduled her appt with the surgeon before they even called my daughter, she has an appt to see a surgeon tomorrow, coz they want the biopsy done ASAP. Dr told her they want the biopsy done to rule out lymphoma. We are all nervous wrecks over this. I appreciate any?all prayers for her. Thank you.
Today, we will start discussing POISONING & TOXICITY.
Some poisons can kill a bird quickly. Others can cause clinical signs ranging from a mild digestive tract upset to a violent illness. If ur bird is poisoned & u are unable to reach ur avian vet, u should call an animal poison control center. I have the phone #s for two:
(1). ASPCA ANIMAL POISON CONTROL CENTER -- 1-888-ANI-HELP or, 1-888-426-4435 ($60.00 per case). The $60.00 consultation fee may be charged to ur credit card.
(2). NATIONAL ANIMAL POISON CONTROL CENTER (NAPCC). The NAPCC is located at the University of Illinois. Phones are answered 24 hours a day, & each call is handled by a vet who is specially trained in animal poisoning. There is a $65.00 charge per case, but it could mean the difference between life & death for ur bird. The NAPCC's numbers are: 1-800-548-2423 (billed as a flat rate of $65.00) or 900-680-0000 (billed on a per-minute basis.
SIGNS -- A poisoned bird may suddenly regurgitate, develop diarrhea, bloody droppings, redness or burns around her mouth, go into convulsions, become paralyzed, go into shock or any number or other abnormalities. Tomorrow, we will continue with POISONING, starting with HOME TREATMENT. Hope u had a good day, see u tomorrow!
Love & a vote
|* Reason why this is being reported: