Friday, January 23, 2009
Spider Straw Toy
Follow in the adventures of Flip, Rabbit and Caitlyn in the Fledgling Blog.
You might not know, but you can make a bird toy out of things you can find around your house! This month, I am going to teach you how to make a toy I like to call Spider Straw Toy. For this toy, you will need:
- 10 straws (if you have a conure, cockatiel, budgie, Pionus or a caique, cut the straws in half so you have 20).
- 2 wire bundlers.
- 10 Q-tips or 10 coffee stirrers, or both. If you cut the straws in half, cut the coffee stirrers in half too!
1. Take the straws and bunch them together.
2. Take one wire bundler, wrap it around the center of the straw bunch and tighten it right in the center. Pull it so tight that the straws fan out like spider legs.
3. Stick one coffee stirrer in each straw and make sure it’s in there tight. If it won’t stay in, stick a Q-tip in each straw, too! You can also stick a Q-tip inside the straw by itself.
4. Finally, take the last wire bundler and put it through the center wire so you can hang the Spider up in the cage.
Well, that sounds like a pretty fun toy right? Check back next month for a new toy! If you have any ideas for a new toy, leave a comment with the supplies you need to make it how to make it. Have fun writing and your toy may be featured in my next toy-making blog! Have fun!
Give us your opinion on
Spider Straw Toy
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our message boards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by I-5 Publishing, LLC nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads.