BirdChannel.com Spring Scavenger Hunt 2010
This spring, challenge your sleuthing skills with BirdChannel.com’s latest scavenger hunt!
It’s time to get moving and find the hidden item in our latest scavenger hunt. Everyone who finds the hidden item will receive 250 Bird eClub points. Additionally, three winners receive a copy of the 2010 Birds USA.
To participate in the Spring Scavenger Hunt, find the Spring Parrot! It’s shown here so you know what you’re seeking. You might also see it on our homepage or in an ad. Those images do not count.
The Spring Parrot you seek must be sitting on its own in the main text of an article. How will you know if you find the right parrot? There won’t be any mention of the scavenger hunt around the photo. Nada, zero, zip. The photo will be by itself, with the text of an article around it. Plus, if you hover your cursor over the image, text will appear to congratulate you for finding the Spring Parrot.
Searching is a big part of the fun of a scavenger hunt, but we realize that Birdchannel.com has a lot of pages to view, so check out the official rules page for more information and tips on areas you do not need to check.
In addition, we offer you these clues to assist in your search. You must solve each puzzle before moving to the next.
1) What does spring bring? Find out by solving this anagram: O Wry Flames
2) When you have the two-word solution, put it in the search box at the top of the BirdChannel.com homepage. Click “Go.”
3) You’ll see a list of links. Click on the seventh link in the list. This page lists several articles, ones of which describes a certain healthy snack that could draw out the hidden bird.
4) To find this treat, you can click on all the links, but that leaves a lot of pages to search. Narrow down your choices by solving the two-word anagram at the end of the phrase that describes the snack. “A colorful and ratty taster.”
5) Locate the solved phrase on the page, click the “More” link next to it, and you should find the article with the Spring Parrot. Good luck!
When you found the Spring Parrot, e-mail BirdChannelEditor, mark the subject line "Spring Scavenger Hunt" and send the following required information:
First Name, Last Name
E-mail Address (the one that you use for your Bird eClub account)
A link to the page that has Spring Parrot on it.
Be sure to send your entry on or before April 30, 2010.
All Bird eClub members who submit an entry with the correct location of the Spring Parrot on our website will receive 250 Bird eClub points. Note that the e-mail you provide must be the same e-mail you used to sign up for Bird eClub, or points cannot be awarded. Bird eClub points can be used to purchase items in the avatar shop or redeem prizes from the Bird eClub Rewards Catalog.